Since May 1, 2018, substantial changes to the creation process of sketches are in effect:
• Only the sketch is used to analyze your request;
• A second intersection is no longer needed;
• The possibility to zoom is restricted;
• The map cannot be moved once you have started the sketch.
Benefits and impacts from changes
• Improve the accuracy of the sketches;
• Increase the clearance notice rate. Since May 1, 2018, there is a 14% increase. This reduces the number of answers received from owners of underground infrastructures;
• Eliminate automatic segmentation of many requests for the same section.
However, this has an impact on 30% of requests, namely an increase in the number of sketches for the same project.
These improvements are meant as an answer to the lack of accuracy observed in sketches. Also, distances were sometimes too long, thus harming the quality of requests. This, in turn, increases the risk of damages to underground infrastructures.
We realize these modifications affect some of your projects. We’re already working with our suppliers to find solutions to improve this process. We will keep you informed of the latest progress made.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email at [email protected].