Crossing pipeline approval
What Activities Require Consent from the Pipeline Company?
Consent from the pipeline company is required for:
- Construction of a facility across, on, along, or under a pipeline (including the right of way);
- Ground disturbance activities in the prescribed area, which extends 30 metres (100 feet) from each side of the centreline of the pipe; and
- Operation of a vehicle or mobile equipment across a right of way, outside the travelled portion of a highway or public road.
Source: National Energy Board
Companies from whom you need the approval
- Champion Pipe Line Corporation Ltd
- Emera Brunswick Pipeline
- Énergie Éoliennes Vents du Kempt s.e.c.
- Énergie Valéro (Terminal Montréal-Est)
- Énergie Valéro Chaudières
- Énergie Valéro (Pipeline Gaspé)
- Énergie Valéro (Pipeline Saint-Laurent)
- Énergir, le nouveau Gaz Métro
- ExxonMobil Canada LTD – Sable Offshore Energy Project
- Gazifère Inc.
- Gazoduc TQM
- Heritage Gas Line
- Irving Oil
- Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline
- Pipe-lines (Les) Montréal Limitée
- Pipelines Trans-Nord inc.
- TransCanada Pipelines Limitée
- Vopak Terminals of Eastern Canada inc.