It’s official. Membership to Info-Excavation is now offered free* to all municipalities. Membership allows you to improve damage prevention to your underground infrastructures, maintain services offered to your citizens and reduce the risks that could jeopardize the safety of workers.
What it means to be a municipal member of Info-Excavation
By being a member of Info-Excavation, you:
- prove to be a responsible municipality that is concerned with the well-being of its citizens and the socio-economic costs associated with the damages;
- protect your underground infrastructures (waterworks, sewers, electrical and fibre-optic networks, gas, etc.) through proactive interventions;
- know what work is being done near your underground infrastructures so you may assess the risk of it damaging your network and how such damages could impact delivery of utilities to the population;
- reduce cost of repair and maintenance work;
- increase the issuance and control of excavation licences and related income for your area.
* Does not include the introduction fee. Any additional services will be charged in accordance with current policy.
How to Become a Member
You can now fill out our form (in French) and either Guy P. Bégin, François-Xavier Belley or Michel Chamberland will contact you to guide you through the steps required to upload the mapping of your underground infrastructures, a measure that will help protect them.
Related services are also offered with your membership. Examples:
- Training on managing locate requests and ensure damage prevention to underground infrastructures located in your area;
- Geomatics/mapping services;
- Detailed analysis of locate requests according to your chosen criteria;
- Use of the Info-UCN application, to better coordinate the excavation work done in your area.
Learn more by reading the relevant membership documentation. We will be pleased to assist and guide you through the necessary steps.
Info-UCN, the Ultimate Planning Tool
Until now, when performing excavation work within the public right-of-way, each contractor coordinated his work according to his requirements and agenda, without being informed of other planned excavation work that would be done during the same period and within the same area.
Since September 1, 2021, the Info-UCN tool is available free of charge to all municipalities and their representatives. This tool supports our mission in terms of damage prevention.
The Info-UCN application uses modern geomatic tools which allow stakeholders whose infrastructures are located within the public right-of-way to transmit to users any information related to planned excavation work in a fast, simple and dynamic manner.
Please consult the Info-UCN section provided on our site. All the information related to the application and the required steps to access it can be found under that section.