The Pipelines Committee’s members are the following companies that transport hydrocarbons by underground pipeline: Enbridge Pipelines Inc., Montreal Pipe Line, Niagara Gas Transmission, TQM Pipeline, Trans-Northern Inc., TC Energy and Valero Energy Inc. Its mission is to convey a common damage prevention message to ensure the safety of the public and the integrity of its members’ pipeline systems.
The companies target the same clientele: municipalities, excavators, schools, associations, etc. By joining forces, they can reach this clientele more effectively and disseminate their safety and prevention message more widely.
The Pipelines Committee began its awareness efforts more than fifteen years ago and continued them in 2018-2019 with the following initiatives:
1. Awareness campaign involving municipalities
Over the last two years, the Pipelines Committee met with 26 employees of municipalities belonging to the following regional county municipalities (RCMs):
as well as of the following municipalities:
2. Awareness campaign involving the ministère des Transports
The campaign continued in 2018-2019 and the Committee met with 222 employees from the following directorate and service centres:
The Pipelines Committee met with 632 students from the following schools:
- Cégep de Saint-Laurent, Attestation of Collegial Studies: urban infrastructure foreman, Montreal
- École de formation d’opérateurs de machinerie lourde, Commission scolaire des Navigateurs, Saint-Jean-Chrysostome
- École de formation d’opérateurs de machinerie lourde, Commission scolaire des Trois-Lacs, Les Cèdres
- Centre national des conducteurs d’engins de chantier, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
The Pipelines Committee once again conveyed its prevention and safety message to 2,832 excavators and municipality representatives in the territories crossed by Pipeline Committee member’s pipeline systems with personalized letters by regular mail and e-mail.
5. Rural sector
The Pipelines Committee took the following initiatives:
- It was an exhibitor at the Salon de l’agriculture in Saint-Hyacinthe.
- It was an exhibitor at the Expo-Champs farm show in Saint-Liboire.
- It was an exhibitor at the 2019 CASA (Canadian Agricultural Safety Association) conference in Quebec City.
6. Annual conferences
The Pipelines Committee was an exhibitor at the annual conference of:
- Association des propriétaires de machinerie lourde de Québec (APMLQ)
7. Municipal newsletters – promotional campaign - 2017-2019
The 21 following municipalities agreed to disseminate a Pipelines Committee’s article to their citizens. To do so, they chose various communication channels: municipal bulletins, websites, newsletters, etc, view details.
The Pipelines Committee is available for group meetings. Write to [email protected], and one or more members of the Committee will be pleased to meet with you at your convenience.