The Pipeline Committee’s members are the following companies that transport hydrocarbons by underground pipeline: Enbridge Pipelines Inc., Montreal Pipe Line, Niagara Gas Transmission, TQM Pipeline, Trans-Northern Inc., TransCanada and Valero Energy Inc. Its mission is to convey a common Damage prevention message to ensure the safety of the public and the integrity of its members’ pipeline systems.
The companies target the same clientele: municipalities, excavators, schools, associations, etc. By joining forces, they can reach this clientele more effectively and disseminate their safety and prevention message more widely.
The Pipeline Committee began its awareness efforts more than 15 years ago and continued them in 2017 with the following initiatives:
1. Awareness campaign involving municipalities (2015-2017)
In 2017, the Pipeline Committee met with 124 employees of municipalities belonging to the following regional county municipalities (RCMs), view details.
2. Awareness campaign involving the ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l’Électrification des transports (2016-2018)
The campaign continued in 2017, and the Committee met with 74 employees from the following directorate and service centres:
- Direction des Laurentides-Lanaudière
- Centre de services de Joliette
- Centre de services de Trois-Rivières
The Pipeline Committee met with 255 students from the following schools:
- Cégep de Saint-Laurent, Attestation of Collegial Studies: urban infrastructure foreman, Montreal
- École de formation d’opérateurs de machinerie lourde, Commission scolaire des Navigateurs, Saint-Jean-Chrysostome
- École de formation d’opérateurs de machinerie lourde, Commission scolaire des Trois-Lacs, Les Cèdres
- École nationale de camionnage et équipement lourd (ENCEL), Terrebonne
The Pipeline Committee once again conveyed its prevention and safety message to 2,729 excavators and municipal employees in the territories crossed by Pipeline Committee member’s pipeline systems with personalized letters by regular mail and e-mail.
5. Rural sector
The Pipeline Committee took the following initiatives:
- It was an exhibitor at the Salon de l’agriculture in Saint-Hyacinthe;
- It was an exhibitor at the Expo-Champs farm show in Saint-Liboire;
6. Annual conferences
The Pipeline Committee was an exhibitor at the annual conference of:
- Info-Excavation, l’alliance pour la protection des infrastructures souterraines
- Association des propriétaires de machinerie lourde de Québec (APMLQ)
7. Municipal newsletters – promotional campaign - 2017-2019
The 21 following municipalities agreed to disseminate a Pipeline Committee’s article to their citizens. To do so, they chose various communication channels: municipal bulletins, websites, newsletters, etc, view details.
The Pipeline Committee is available for group meetings. Write to [email protected], and one or more members of the Committee will be pleased to meet with you at your convenience.